Legislation and Regulations

Legislation and Regulations

How can I ensure that I keep up to date with changing regulations and legislations?

The best way of keeping up to date is to join a landlords association which will keep you informed of and changes to legislation and regulations that you need to know about. There are a number of Landlord Associations available please click the links below for further information

  • Landlord Accreditation
  • National Landlords Assocation
  • The Guild of Residential Landlords
  • Residential Landlord Associaition

You can also contact Julian Love, Team Leader Environmental Health (Housing)  on or e-mail him on  for information on The Vale of Glamorgan Landlord Forum.

The Environmental Health section of the Council also enforces housing standards and management practices in rented accommodation.You can contact them to find out about requirements in relation to room size, fire precautions, amenities etc.You can contact Environmental Health via the Vale of Glamorgan contact centre.

Useful Links


Guild of Residential Landlords

Landlord Accreditation Wales

National Landlord Association

Residential Landlord Association

Tenancy Deposit Protection

The Rent Officer and Local Housing Allowances - A Guide for Landlords

Advertise your property here! 

Letting Agents in the Vale of Glamorgan